Our FAQS below should be able to answer most of your questions about the new digital version of the Journal (starting Spring 2014). If you have a question not covered here you are welcome to email us via the contact page, or call us on 0 (+44) 1434 345204 (Europe) or +1 (530) 926-1053 (North America). Full postal addresses are at the bottom of the contact page.
- Frequently asked questions
- Q. What are my options for reading the online Journal (available from March 2014) ?
- Q. Is there a charge for the on-line Journal?
- Q. Can I make a regular donation by standing order?
- Q. Can I make one donation to cover a number of issues of the Journal?
- Q. How will I know when the next issue of the Journal is available?
- Q. I have an Ipad, can I read the Journal on this?
- Q. I have a tablet running the Android operating system, can I read the Journal on it?
- Q. What if I don’t have a credit card or debit card and wish to donate towards running costs of the Journal?
- Q. I don’t have access to a computer or ebook reader, how can I read the Journal?
- Q: How can I donate if I don’t have a UK cheque or credit/debit card account, for example if I live in France or Germany?
- Q: How can I donate from the US?
Frequently asked questions
Q. What are my options for reading the online Journal (available from March 2014) ?
1. You can read the Journal online by going to the Journal page of the OBC website.
2. You can download a pdf file to read on your computer or print yourself .
3. You can buy it as an eBook via Amazon to read on a Kindle, or a tablet or iPad with the Kindle app. If you subscribe to our email newsletter it will give you a direct link to where to get it. We expect it to cost less than half the current printed price (which is £4.50).
Q. Is there a charge for the on-line Journal?
There is no charge for reading or downloading the pdf version of the Journal on the Journal page of the OBC website. We are glad to be able to provide this free access, and we deeply appreciate donations to support our work in setting up and continuing to provide the on-line journal. If you would like to help us in this way, you can can simply go to;
We are grateful for all support.
Q. Can I make a regular donation by standing order?
Yes. You can set this up yourself if you have online banking. Our bank account details can be sent to you by email, if you send an email via the contact page and we’ll get back to you quickly.
If you do not have online banking you can ask us to post you a standing order form.
Q. Can I make one donation to cover a number of issues of the Journal?
Yes. As the pdf version of the Journal is now free of charge it is completely up to you whether you wish to make a donation and how much and how often. We are very grateful for any and all donations.
Q. How will I know when the next issue of the Journal is available?
You can sign up to the Journal Newsletter and we will send you an email when each issue becomes available.
Q. I have an Ipad, can I read the Journal on this?
Yes, you can read it as a pdf downloadable from the website, or download a kindle app to get it from Amazon directly.
Q. I have a tablet running the Android operating system, can I read the Journal on it?
Yes, there is a free kindle app available from Amazon that you can download from the google play store. Once installed you can download and read the Journal easily on your tablet.
Q. What if I don’t have a credit card or debit card and wish to donate towards running costs of the Journal?
Please just email us via the contact page and we can send you details of how to donate by cheque.
Q. I don’t have access to a computer or ebook reader, how can I read the Journal?
We are experimenting with a printed Annual of Journal articles, which include all the articles of the previous year, but do not include the news. So if you need a paper version you can still get it. Go to our Annual page for more information.
I am afraid we are unable to send you printed versions of the Journal directly, but there may be copies available from the local meditation group or Priory to borrow.
Alternatively you could ask a friend who has a computer to print a copy for you.
Q: How can I donate if I don’t have a UK cheque or credit/debit card account, for example if I live in France or Germany?
BT My donate accepts donations from anywhere in the world. (There is charge in sterling for this.)
Or we can email you the IBAN details (these are the International Banking numbers you need to set up transfers) if you do not have a UK cheque account. See the ‘Contact us’ page.
Q: How can I donate from the US?
BT My donate accepts donations from anywhere in the world. (There is a charge in sterling for this.)
You will need to enter your donation amount in £sterling. The exchange rate is generally between 0.6 to 0.68 £ pounds to one US $ dollar.
You will be asked for the three digit security code for your credit card. Some US cards do not have one. BT My Donate’s suggestion in this case is to contact your bank to request this be set up.
Or you could consider making a transfer between your bank and that of the Order, we could provide you with all the IBAN numbers you need. (see contact page)
You might wish to be alert that if you do not usually make international transactions, you could find that your bank refuses to make the payment, thinking you may be a victim of a scam.
If you have any difficulty, please contact the Journal office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.